Clinical Services & Background
Dr. McSorley founded Society Hill Pediatrics in 1986, remaining a senior partner there before forming her own practice in 2016. From 2009 through 2015, she was voted a Top Doctor, Pediatrics by Philadelphia Magazine. She graduated from University of Pennsylvania in 1983 with high academic honors and membership in Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society. Dr. McSorley completed pediatric residency at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia in 1986 and is board certified in pediatrics.
Dr. McSorley also holds certificates from the Psychoanalytic Center of Philadelphia in Child Psychotherapy and continuing education studies in child development and psychology.
Using a combination of coaching, consulting and clinical care, Dr. McSorley helps families through the “bumps in the road” of childhood and adolescence by exploring a wider variety of environmental and emotional factors that can impact good health. This includes a careful evaluation of the difficulties, and setting concrete strategies to solve the most common and complex of child and adolescent behavioral health issues. Some of these issues include:
- Temperament mismatches
- Emotional dysregulation, frustration tolerance
- Early childhood limits (temper tantrums, limit setting)
- Language and social development
- Autism management
- Learning differences
- ADD, Focus, inattention, impulsivity
- Conflictual parenting styles
- Adjustment issues (social interaction, separation anxiety, school refusal, stress, anxiety and depression)
- Chronic health conditions (irritable bowel syndrome, headaches, constipation and encoporesis)
- Navigation of the medical and educational system with children with developmental disabilities